|Jesus rides into Jerusalem by Gustave Dore |
(public domain via Wikimedia Commons)
- Palm Sunday: Jesus' entering Jerusalem as the servant-King come to suffer and die for his subjects.
- Maundy Thursday: Jesus' gathering his followers for the Last Supper; sharing the glorious truths about who he is and what he is about to do for them and all humanity.
- Good Friday: Jesus' dying on Calvary's cross - the great and complete sin offering that secures forgiveness for all.
- Holy Saturday (the last day of Holy Week and the concluding day of the season of Lent): Jesus' going to the grave where in death he experiences the depth of our corruption - the consequence of sin.
- Easter Sunday (the first day of a 50-day-lng celebration of Jesus' resurrection): Jesus' rising from death; born again to new, glorified human life; securing in himself this new birth for all.